Welcome to my new beauty blog, where I can obsess over whatever lovely little thing I would like to. Currently, I’m working through a sample-pack of 24 lipsticks in various shades and finishes from the new Urban Decay VICE collection that came free with a $25 purchase.
The rules were very simple:
- I have to wear one lipstick every day, all day.
- I have to let my fiancé choose the lipstick I wear every day (thus ensuring I would have variety).
- I HAVE to wear whatever lipstick he chooses on that given day, no exceptions. (This is where the challenge begins as I work in a hardware store and there are some shades that are so dark red that they almost look black.)
- Take pictures of swatches of each lipstick, and myself wearing each lipstick.
- Keep notes about each lipstick, even if just metal ones, to write about once I FINALLY got this blog up and running.
- Post about this blog.
- Have seven rules because it’s lucky.
I will be starting my first batch of commentaries on the lipsticks from this sampler-kit very soon. I will only be updating 4 lipsticks at a time so as not to overload you with too many at once.
This started out as me wanting to try out some fun lipsticks and see if I found a new shade that I went crazy for. (I go through phases where I’m obsessed with finding THE perfect version of the colour I’m looking for and then once I buy about 6-7 lipsticks I stop wearing that shade altogether for WEEKS.) So far I have found several different ones that really surprised me as I’ve always been a, “matte-and-bright” kind of gal, and I’ve been enjoying sheer coverage and cream finish lipsticks as of late.
So until tomorrow, hold onto your hats and bear with me as I dive head-first into this adventure!